These little pastas are quick and easy to make. Best of all, the dough freezes easily and can be kept for about three months.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tsp ground flax
- 2 cups wheat or rice flour, plus more to dust
- In a small cup, mix together water and ground flax. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, salt, and nutritional yeast.
- Add the cooked sweet potato and the flax mixture.
- Mix ingredients together until a dough forms.
- Sprinkle a clean cooking surface with flour and roll out your dough into a long strip about as wide as your thumb.
- Cut the strip into pieces about the width of a fork.
- Set aside the gnocchi you do not plan to cook immediately. (Seal in a ziplock bag and freeze until needed)
- Bring a medium-size pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add gnocchi.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until all the gnocchi are floating.
- Serve with sauce or spices of your choice.